Thursday, February 15, 2024

1966 - classic batmobile

Given the only batmobile I've ever seen in my life, the first model in this wee collection has to be from the classic 1966 batmobile, which featured in the tv series running from 1966 to 1968. This particular batmobile was based on a Lincoln Futura concept car, and here's the story behind it.


The model is one produced by Jada Toys, and comes with a standing batman figure (plus Robin sitting in the passenger seat).




Looking around, virtually all 1:24 model batmobiles are produced by Jada Toys, and these all come with a Batman figure. So I think I will stick to Jada models only for this small collection, and make sure I only get them when the figure is included.



No comments:

Post a Comment

1989 - 'Tim Burton' batmobile

The  Batman movie from 1989 , directed by Tim Burton, introduced a very different batmobile again. This one was based on a Chevrolet Impala ...